What if the weather is terrible?
Mull can have “all four seasons in a day” and we are used to this. Our breaks are designed to be flexible and we should still get all of the activities completed during your time here. We will keep you fully up to date with the weather forecast each morning. Bring a coat though, just in case !
The boat trip is the most vulnerable part of the trip if the weather is poor. At the start of the break we will select the best day of the week for the boat trip so the itinerary may vary. There may be some weeks that the boat trip will not be possible due to the weather and we will adjust our plans accordingly
Are there any exclusions from the price?
We will provide you with everything you need to have a fabulous time here. Attention to detail is extremely important to us. If you have any special dietary needs, accessibility issues or anything else that you feel we need to be aware of then please do tell us in plenty of time. The only thing we don’t supply in the all inclusive price is your drinks at the hotel which can be purchased at the bar.
Do you have a cancellation policy?
You are completely free to cancel your break up to 8 weeks prior to the booked date. We will return 100% of your money. If you cancel less than 5 weeks before your break is due to start then you will not be refunded and the full amount of your holiday will be due. We do advise that you take out travel insurance in case of emergency.
Terms of our financial failure insurance
Mull Wildlife Breaks is the trading name of Island Encounters Ltd, a company registered in Scotland, No SC656425
If you need to make a claim under this insurance policy then this can be done by contacting Towergate Insurance Brokers on 01202 634 033 and quoting reference number EV2109UKFI0107
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations.
Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages. Island Encounters Ltd will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
Additionally, as required by law, Island Encounters Ltd has protection in place to refund your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in the event that it becomes/they become insolvent.
Key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
- Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
- Island Encounters Ltd is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in this contract
- Travellers are given an emergency number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or travel agent.
- Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance fuel prices), and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package Island Encounters Ltd cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package
- Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction or compensation for damages or both where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
- If Island Encounters Ltd becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If Island Encounters Ltd becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. Island Encounters Ltd has taken out insolvency protection with EVO insurance services. Travellers may contact this entity or, where applicable, the competent authority if services are denied because of Island Encounters insolvency.